LETTER FROM THE NATIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER
The CPRA Green Jobs Initiative was a two-year pilot program funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Summer Work Experience Program. The project began with the goal of creating 500 new ‘green jobs’ for youth, each summer, in the parks and recreation sector.
Over the course of the project, both the size and scope of the Green Jobs Initiative were expanded. As a result, CPRA helped create 1,417 new green jobs for youth through the summer, fall and winter seasons.
The Green Jobs Initiative could not have been delivered without a dedicated team of five Regional Managers:
- Noelle Virtue in Western Canada (AB, BC, SK);
- Pari Rajagopalan, Sarah Klapman and Nicole Beier in Central Canada (MB, ON);
- Laurie Pagé and Jafar Hassan in Québec and Francophone communities;
- Michelle DeCourcey in Eastern Canada (NB, NL, NS, PEI); and
- Jenyfer Neumann in Northern Canada (NU, NWT, YT).
The CPRA Board and the provincial and territorial members all played key roles in promoting the Initiative to their members. Their support helped to ensure that communities across Canada were afforded the opportunity to advance their green priorities.
CPRA thanks the Government of Canada for their support of this program, and the parks and recreation sector as a whole.
National Program Manager